Saturday, April 19th, 2014

A-Roid

Because it’s never to early to start hating on the Yankees:

It appears even Mr. “I’ve never felt outmatched on the baseball field” A-Rod couldn’t say no to a needle in the ass a few years back.

From Sports Illustrated:

In 2003, when he won the American League home run title and the AL Most Valuable Player award as a shortstop for the Texas Rangers, Alex Rodriguez tested positive for two anabolic steroids, four sources have independently told Sports Illustrated.

Comments

14 Responses to “A-Roid”

You mean A-Rod might have been poked in the ass with something? Can’t say I’m shocked…

2. TimeForBaseball says:

Haha, hopefully this will be a HUGE distraction all year. I can’t wait to hear the A-Fraud chants everytime he strikes out at the new Yankee stadium.

3. UnbiasedGuy says:

I for one am actually STUNNED…

that this news didn’t come out any sooner than it did.

Can anyone name me one player that DID NOT use steroids or their derivatives pre-2006???

4. his image is tarnished forver, baseball is so unforgiving when it comes to this

5. Yankeesfan says:

Fuck u orioles fans your jsut jealous because the
    o’s blow ass.

You’re a Ravens fan and a Yankees fan? Dude, wtf is up with that?

7. UnbiasedGuy says:

Well, I give credit for A-Rod for speaking the truth unlike Bonds and Clemens who have the feds after them. He is smart in that regard. Speaking of ‘roids, I distinctly remember a post not too long ago of certain Oriole players ingesting the banned substance such as Miguel Tejada, Brian Roberts, Palmeiro, Jay Gibbons, Lary Bigbie, David Segui, Gregg Zaun, Jerry Hairston, Gary Matthews Jr, Todd Williams, Jason Grimsley, Jack Cust, Manny Alexander, Howie Clark, Darren Holmes, Ricky Bones, Kevin Brown, Kent Mercker, and Tim Laker. But, taking a line from Mark McGwire’s infamous Congressional hearing: “I’m not here to talk about the past.” ;)

Yeah, I think the O’s had the 2nd most players named in the Mitchell Report. But since that report was so superficial (focused solely on Radomski’s clients), it is nice to see more names coming out now. EVERYBODY in baseball was on the juice at the time, and there were obviously more suppliers than just Radomski – it wasn’t happening only on the east coast. Hopefully they will just go ahead and release the other 103 names.

9. Realist says:

A-Rod took LEGAL substances, that are NOW considered illegal, to better his career. Wow. Move on. Next story please.

Well, yes and no, Realist. There was no explicit rule against them in the MLB book, however they were and remain ILLEGAL under United States law. I don’t really care that A-Rod (or anybody else for that matter) did them – like I said, just another fun excuse to hate on the Yankees. The moral and societal implications of PED use by athletes is, I think, beyond the scope of anything I plan on delving into on the pages of this website.

(Unless of course you count this: http://www.bmorebirdsnest.com/?p=84 – lol, but I really considered that more of an exercise in debate than anything else, at the time.)

11. Yankeesfan says:

Nestminder do u think i’m yankeesfan? because i’m not.

12. Ingore the last i mess up. Nestminder do u think i’m yankeesfan? because i’m not.

lol, well I thought that based on the nickname “yankeesfan.” Not sure what gave me that idea.

14. A-Rod really does take it up the ass