Monday, December 22nd, 2014

What Can We Get for Troy Smith?

Available: One disgruntled former Heisman Trophy Winner, 5th round draft pick, with a career passer rating of 79.7. Also known to break into stupid dances during blowout wins.

Seeking in return: WR, CB, KR/PR, LB, or DE

According to a tweet from his agent , Troy Smith wants out of B’More.

“Ravens QB Troy Smith, Ohio State alum, native + Heisman winner wants playing time. Ravens notified. Will seek trade after play offs, SB run.”

Good riddance. I’m more comfortable with John Beck as Joe’s backup anyway.

Comments

10 Responses to “What Can We Get for Troy Smith?”

Trade him to the Rams for their first round pick. He can be reunited with Jason Brown and Kyle Boller and Ndamukong Suh would look awesome in Ravens purple. That or we can trade him to the Deadskins for their first round pick because The Danny loves himself some stars and Eric Berry can be Ed Reed’s heir.

Well, if anyone would be dumb enough to trade a first round pick for a former 5th rounder who’s only started a handful of games, its Danny boy.

Something tells me he has his eye on Jimmy Clausen, though.

Remember Nest it’s up to Bruce Allen or if the rumors are true Mike Shanahan on who the Redskins draft. So I assume they will be drafting a time machine to get Terrell Davis and John Elway in their prime because that was the last time Shanny won anything. I still like the Rams idea Ngata and Suh would be a total wall that nothing would go through.

I agree that it would be a WALL. However, I think Gregg will be better next year after the knee heals some more.

Also, that would be a TON of money (first overall pick $ + Ngata’s re-up) invested in one position.

Don’t see the Rams biting on a guy like Smith for the #1 overall pick. I’m thinking…3rd rounder at best for him? I’d rather have a proven (solid, not spectacular) starter at one of the positions I named, especially PR/KR or a LB that can play the run AND the pass. I don’t want Webb on kickoffs next year, he’s going to be too valuable at CB.

I was kidding about the Rams I really doubt they will trade the first overall pick for Troy Smith but if the Ravens wind up with a 3-5 rounder for him I would be happy. Its too early to be talking NFL draft can we wait until after free agency starts or until the season ends.

6. David Clow says:

Why doesn’t Cindrich have Troy listed on his list of clients?

7. TrueRaven says:

Trade him for the best defense player we can get,or a good draft pick.Lions???

True actually if the draft was today the Rams would get the top pick of the draft which is why I said trade him to the Lions and get Ndamukong Suh

I meant the Rams, who can tell a difference between the two crappy teams.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] related to Smith, a week-old post on B-More Birds’ Nest inquiring about the former Buckeye’s trade [...]