Thursday, August 21st, 2014

Todd Heap Thanks Baltimore in Sun Ad

Again proving just what a classy individual he is, Todd Heap took out a full page ad in today’s Baltimore Sun thanking Art Modell, Steve Bisciotti, and Baltimore Ravens fans for what he calls “so many wonderful memories.”

While Heap “hopes” to take the field Sunday, the tight end has been slowed with a hamstring injury. He will undoubtedly receive a warm welcome from the M&T Bank Stadium crowd (unlike Derrick Mason did a few weeks ago…and then again a couple weeks later).

You’re welcome, Todd. But really, it’s us fans that should be thanking you.

Here’s to one last HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAPPPP!

For a decade, my wife Ashley, and I took great pride in calling Baltimore home. We greatly appreciated the way the city embraced our family and took us in as your own. We wanted to publicly and emphatically thank you for all of your incredible support over the years.

I would like to personally thank Art Modell for all that he has done, not only for me, but for the passionate people of Baltimore. Mr. Modell brought football back to the city and restored fans’ pride in cheering for their home team. Our thoughts are with Mr. Modell as he mourns the loss of his wonderful wife Pat. I would also like to thank not only Steve Bisciotti for his great leadership of the Ravens organization, but also all of those within the organization who have been like family to me. I have played with so many great Ravens teammates over the years, and am honored and proud to have stepped on the field with each of you. And last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank you…the fans. I am blessed to do what I do for a living. And I know that this great game is what it is because we have you supporting us. Your support has touched my family, and I will never forget the cheers of the crowd each and every time you roared “Heeeeap.” Ravens fans, you are tremendous!

Although it was not my decision to leave Baltimore, I accept that change is sometimes necessary. Certain that I have a few good years of football left in me, I’m excited about my future with the Arizona Cardinals. But the city of Baltimore will always be special to me and my family. Thank you for so many wonderful memories.

Sincerely,

Todd Heap

Comments

7 Responses to “Todd Heap Thanks Baltimore in Sun Ad”
  1. Pam says:

I miss Heeeeap!

2. Jeff says:

Todd, you truly are a class act and deeply missed, both on and off the field.

3. Sports-Glory says:

That is pretty cool.

4. Tash says:

I was so sad when I found out that we had let Heap go. I have always loved him as a player. I still miss him every game. Who doesn’t miss yelling “HEEAAPP”?

Heap, Baltimore fans appreciate the classy guy that you are. We wish you much success throughout the rest of your career.

5. eric says:

Heap was, has and always will be a part of the Raven’s organization but more importantly, part of the Baltimore family. Not discounting what he did as a football player because he was and is a good football player, More importantly, he is a better man. He represented the team and city with pride and class and never brought disgrae, shame or dishonor to either.

In this day and age where professional athletes take their money and run; are not enmeshed in the cities they play for and truth be told, one the game is over, the majority of them can’t wait to get away from the very me cities they play for! Thank you to not only you Todd and your wife and children but also to your parents that taught you these same values that gave Baltimore city youths some athletes to look up up to.

Continued success both on and off the field and Baltimore will always be a home for you. You have earned that right!

6. Steve says:

I’m a Steelers fan living in a Raven’s town, but I have to say, that is one classy move, from a classy guy. Steelers fan or not, Baltimore has always been a great sports town, with great teams, and GREAT fans. I feel comfortable taking my Son to the Ravens games with a Steelers jersey on, and know that unlike a town like Philly, in Baltimore, people have class and understand sportsmanship and a little frendly rivalry.

Here’s to hoping that Todd Heap has a long and successful career in front of him still…. Starting right AFTER next week’s Steeler game! :-)

Uh, Steve….

I’m glad you said nice things about Baltimore and that you’re comfortable taking your son to games and all but…

The Steelers already played the Cardinals, man.